Friday, March 03, 2006

Location, Location, Location
I was in Las Vegas last week- and stopped to get some coffee at a Starbucks that was inside of a grocery store.

The first thing you see when you enter the store is this strange Zoom Shop vending machine:

The little white boxes inside this machine do not, as you might expect, contain cigarettes or candy or condoms. No- this machine sells only iPods and iPod accessories.

Only in Las Vegas do $300 electronic gadgets qualify as impulse buys at the grocery store.

It does seem like a good idea- but really not the best location. Maybe on an airplane- e.g. excuse me, sir... I couldn't help but notice the screaming kid in the seat behind you... could I interest you in this really expensive MP3-player?

Anyway- the "coffee girl", the grocery store manager informed me, was on her break and wouldn't be back for 30 minutes.

Maybe this would be a better location for a Starbucks Coffee Machine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home